Monday, January 30, 2012

Incorporating Instructional Videos

I recently made a video of science projects you can do at home in your kitchen, with full explanations of how to do the experiments and what the science concepts behind them are. If you are have a rainy afternoon, I suggest watching it and trying some of the experiments out!

After reviewing a project, ideas of how to improve it always come to mind. In this case, I would have done the video clips in an overdramatic silent video style using big gestures and a lab coat/goggles. Then, I would have done all of the explanations with voice overs. I think that this would make the video more entertaining to watch, which I believe is an important factor in getting a classroom to pay attention to their teacher.

I think that it would be beneficial to my students if I made a video of how to do a lab before they actually do it. This would help assure accuracy and make sure they had an idea of what they should be doing in lab. Having students view a short how to video before they start the lab will also make them focus on the safety rules associated with chemicals they will be handling, and this will improve the environment for everyone in the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment