Monday, February 6, 2012

In The Wide World of Technology

I recently discovered a whole new plethora of technologies. While they initially may make your life harder, after using them for a week or so they can become second nature and add depth to the classroom.

A class website is key to teaching in the twenty-first century. It does not have to be fancy, but at least functional for your students to find information of on assignments, tests, and projects as well as due dates, grades, and outside resources. Using Google Sites you can easily create the perfect website that is suited to the needs of your class.

I plan on using social bookmarking in two ways for my class. First, can share with my students what I bookmarked and the notes that I associated with that site so they can get a peak into my brain. Second, I will have my students use Diigo or a similar site to highlight and sticky note the sites they are researching while at school so they can go home and continue their research without having to waste any paper or backtracking time.

The more technologies that become prevalent in our society, the more teachers have to work to find ways to incorporate these new techniques in the classroom. I hope that I can successfully do this for my classroom, in the mean time I will keep trying to master the newest ways to use the world wide web.

No comments:

Post a Comment